There are two types of accounts payable positions - clerk and
Accounts Payable Clerk
- Reviews invoices for accuracy and completeness.
- Sorts documents by account name or number and processes invoices
- May perform other basic clerical duties associated with accounts
- May post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records.
Click here to
see a listing of jobs for accounts payable clerks
- Understanding of bookkeeping procedures
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
Accounts Payable Manager
- Manages the accounts payable function within the organization's
- Arranges and oversees completion of all work.
- Examines records of amounts due and makes sure invoices are paid
according to terms and discounts taken.
- Directs invoice processing and verification, expense coding, and
drafting of payment checks or vouchers.
- Supplies regular or written reports.
- Suggests improvements in processes to increase effectiveness of
to see a listing of jobs for accounts payable managers
- 4 year degree
- 4-6 years of relevant experience or equivalent education and
Submit a Resume
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please tell us about yourself by completing the